Director, Customer Success NA
Who is Elemica?
Founded in 2000, Elemica transforms global supply chains by gradually replacing manual, isolated and complex transactions with an efficient, interconnected and reliable supply chain network. Help us revolutionize the supply chain industry and make products that connect thousands of trading partners worldwide. At Elemica, you’ll work with the world’s most talented supply chain thought leaders to shape the future of business.
Our roster includes digital innovators, supply chain veterans, integrated marketing pros, and more. Across North America, Latin America, EMEA and APAC, we build the best experience for our supply chain community – as a team. We take ownership and deliver results, every step of the way.
Overview of Role:
The Director, Customer Success is a team leadership role, responsible for building and guiding members of the Customer Success Management team to help drive strategy and grow relationships for clients utilizing various Elemica solutions. They will build and lead a team of 4-6 Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and be responsible for retaining clients at an industry leading rate. In addition to retention, this position is expected to ensure a positive and streamlined client experience, while allowing for revenue growth through support of the Sales team for cross-sell and upsell. This is a highly visible position and involves strategic interaction with senior resources both internally and externally. The optimal candidate has extensive client facing experience and is passionate about delivering on commitments and achieving client delight.
Drive Client Success Outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn.
- Align the CSM team with marketing and sales objectives to identify opportunities for business expansion at existing clients through cross sell and upsell.
- Ensure CSMs understand client objectives and use cases; further drive the value of Elemica products.
- Create a strategy for CSM success plans that delight clients while supporting growth.
- Support the CSM team with strategic client engagements, including client engagement and QBRs (quarterly business reviews).
- Define action plans to mitigate client risk.
- Establish yourself as an internal and external escalation point.
- Develop team talent and expertise to ensure positive client interaction and value growth.
- Build and enhance data and analytic structure to provide insight into client health and value indicators.
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies.
- Ensure Elemica clients achieve their value expectations within the agreed upon timeline.
- Ensure proper onboarding, training, and data availability for CSMs.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Expand processes and standards to increase team efficiency and client coverage.
Inspire Client Success within Elemica
- Champion a company-wide culture of Customer Success.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with cross-functional departments (Sales, Marketing, Product, Development, Finance, Human Resources).
- Create effective and transparent customer feedback loop.
- Identify gaps that create client risk and own the mitigation strategy with the support of cross functional teams.
- Provide deep insight into client health and risk.
- 8+ years’ experience in Customer Success Management preferably in a software/technology company.
- Building and leading a team of Client Success professionals that drive adoption and measure value with their clients.
- Passionate about driving a collaborative culture across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to drive client adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative problem solver who takes ownership of issues and drives to resolution.
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain functions preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and convey actionable insights to executives.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- Work for the global industry leading digital supply network, where the executive team is focused on driving client success.
- Join a high functioning, collaborative team, where you can play an important role in growing the company.
- Work with an innovative product that drives significant value for clients.
- Apply emerging best practices that will accelerate your career.
- Competitive salary, bonus, pension plan, and benefits.
Elemica and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.